Wednesday, April 22, 2009

An Open Letter to My Anonymous Commentator

Dear Anonymous,

Why do you continue to send comments to me? I admit this blog is futile. I will not defend it or myself. Believe me, "pathetic" is often how I feel, not only about this site but about my life in general. I too often wonder if Wantu is real or a sign of some deeper disturbance within me; and if my experience of Wantu is simply some sort of illusion or psychological break, then how sad that would be, for Wantu is truly a pathetic figure and his bird, even more so. My experience of Wantu was, and continues to be, sadness upon sadness upon sadness. And the pigeon, well he just left me cold. If you have any advice, Anonymous, for how I might attract some other figures to interact with in my life, I would like to hear it. I do continue to attend AA. I do not do drugs. Wantu is as real as any experience I've every encountered (I realize this may not be saying much). The changes in me can only be traced to him. Please don't be angry with me Anonymous, it just makes me envious, envious for a kind of ignorance I can no longer enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment