Monday, May 4, 2009

Incident at TippyCanoe

When Roy and I entered the TippyCanoe with Wantu, and the two men at the bar turned and laughed, and the red nosed man said to Wantu, "Puberty can be hell!" and they both fell into laughter. Well, I remember Wantu staring and smiling, like a true imbecile, enjoying the laughter. But Roy, protective of the little guy, noticed the nametag hanging from the comic's neck and said, "Hey Digby. I don't know if you were notified, but all rights to humor at the expense of others were revoked when you were born. Because your name is Digby. Dig. By. You see? Your mother marked you, so that all would know that you are to be the butt, the brunt, the laughing stock--the Digby that causes women to twitter at the sound of your name and then continue walking."

Then Digby rose from his stool in a threatening manner and the air went stiff and I thought Roy was going to suffer violence, when Wantu suddenly stepped forward and hugged Digby's leg. He hugged and continued hugging until Digby went from shock, to embarrassment, to tears. Roy apologized, careful not to repeat Digby's name, and we took a table and ordered three O'Doul's premium non-alcholic beers while the pigeon stared at us through the streetside window.

1 comment:

  1. On behalf of humanity, please stop this ridiculous attempt at writing or preaching or whatever you are trying to do. You are taking up precious internet memory. You have inspired me to convince all the idiots on Myspace and Facebook all the dumbshit websites to shut the F up. "My favorite band is Depeche Mode" "I just read Twilight and loved it" "I like classic movies" Who the hell cares? Such a waste of energy. Get off your f-ing computer and do something. Anything. Help somebody. Stop whining. Can't you see I'm your only reader and I hate this blog and I hate you.

    ReplyDelete